MistBuster is the best value for a compact, energy efficient, reliable mist collection solution.
- High efficiency air filtration through the use of industrial grade electronic cells designed for low static pressure with ultimate efficiency up to 97.8% on all submicron particles, as measured by an independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 500 CFM.
- Reliable operation based on in-depth knowledge of air filtration design, all electrical components are in a sealed compartment, isolated from the air stream and added to our patented AQE Advantage cell to reduce maintenance.
- Versatile design through a patented coolant selector switch, the MistBuster electronic line of air cleaners can handle the electronic requirements of water based or oil based coolant collection that cause other air cleaners to fail.
- Ease of installation through direct machine mount, ceiling mount, wall mount, or floor mount via a pedestal stand.
- Comprehensive solutions for a wide range of machining operations designed for single to multiple machine tool applications using electronic precipitation and for applications requiring it – media and odor control based systems.
- Compact, energy efficient design drawing as little as 1 amp under full load, and as small in size as a household microwave.
Air Quality Engineering stands behind the quality of the MistBuster with a limited 36 month warranty.
MistBuster® 500 – Next Generation
|AIRFLOW||Variable to 500 cfm|
|CABINET||16 gauge steel cabinet with powder coated chemical resistant baked enamel, available in ivory or gray textured finish|
|POWER INPUT||115 Vac, 60 Hz, 1 ph, 2.5 amps
240 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 1.25 amps
460 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 0.63 amps
(connects to 2 legs of 460 VAC 3 ph)
|EFFICIENCY||Ultimate efficiency up to 97.8% on all submicron particles as measured by independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 500 CFM|
|FILTRATION STAGES||1st Stage 4″ aluminum mesh impinger
2nd Stage AQE Advantage™ electronic cell (long life)
3rd Stage Optional HEPA filter 99.97% efficiency, ESF filter, or carbon module
|FEATURES||Energy-efficient, self-regulating, dual-voltage, solid-state power supply
Patented water/oil coolant selector for a wider range of application compatibility
Patented electronic cell design that helps decrease service intervals
ErP-compliant, backward-curved, vibration-free, direct drive motorized impeller rated at 500 CFM @ 1.3″ w.g. provides energy-efficient operation and increased performance to save on operating costs while performing well with increased airflow resistance from post filter or long duct lengths
Ten-foot power cord with molded plug
Quick-release, quarter-turn fasteners for fast, easy side-panel electrical compartment access reduces service and repair time
Door and gasket profile increases door-to-seal contact to prevent leakage and pooling of coolant inside of door
Door-latch spacers prevent over-compression of the gasket and increase gasket life
|DIMENSIONS||Cabinet 27.10″ L x 14.00″ W x 17.16″ H|
|INLET OPENING||16.62″ x 9.08″|
|WEIGHT||65 lbs. installed
76 lbs. shipping
Capable of being shipped via UPS
|ACCESSORIES||Machine Mount Stand | Pedestal Stand
Ceiling Mount Kit | Wall Mount Kit | Plenum
Diffuser | HEPA Post filter | ESF Post filter
|Specifications subject to change without notice.|
MistBuster 500 Dimensions
* All measurements in inches
Next Generation Technology
While electrostatic mist collectors provide a high-efficiency filtration system for mist and smoke collection, they sometimes require frequent washing of the electronic filter cell. Cell washing is required when collected contaminants cause a short circuit in the cell. Using next generation technology, individual test sites have seen service intervals increase from monthly washing, to yearly washing of the collector cells. Individual results will vary.
MistBuster’s patented next generation technology aims to minimize the short circuits which require the washing of the electronic filter cells through:
- Floating ionizer contact
- Proprietary ceramic insulator design
- Enhanced cell end plates
- Patented collector fin design
- Internal cabinet “air break”
- Patented variable voltage coolant selector
(Patents #6428611 and #7717984)
Check out additional features of our MistBuster product line.
« Back to the main product details for MistBuster® 500.
« Want more info on this air filtration unit? Contact us for more details and/or a quote.