An electrostatic precipitation air cleaning system for the source collection and removal of smoke, mist and metal particle contaminants produced from machine tool coolant fluids. In the MistBuster® family of products, the system supplies a higher spindle speed and coolant pressure (600–1,500 PSI).
The MistBuster® 850 five-stage air filtration system features Air Quality Engineering, Inc.’s patented Advantage™ electronic collector cell and one or two high-efficiency electronic collector cells. The electronic collector cells provide a collection efficiency up to 99.4% on all submicron particles. An optional fifth-stage HEPA filter offers filtration efficiency up to 99.97%. Airflow is variable and controllable up to 850 CFM. Easily switch between water-soluble or oil-based machine tool coolants using Air Quality Engineering, Inc.’s patented variable voltage coolant selector A variety of mounting options are available allowing maximum versatility.
For more information on our powerful industrial air cleaner, check out the MistBuster® 850 spec sheet below, learn about additional features of the MistBuster® product line or review the MistBuster® parts list. You can even check out our complete MistBuster® Resource Center.
MistBuster® 850 Specifications
New! MistBuster® Patented Technology
MistBuster® is the best value for a compact, energy efficient, reliable mist collection solution.
- High efficiency air filtration through the use of industrial grade electronic cells designed for low static pressure with ultimate efficiency up to 99.4% on all submicron particles, as measured by an independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 750 CFM.
- Reliable operation based on in-depth knowledge of air filtration design, all electrical components are in a sealed compartment, isolated from the air stream and added to our patented AQE Advantage™ cell to reduce maintenance.
- Versatile design through a patented coolant selector switch, the MistBuster® electronic line of air cleaners can handle the electronic requirements of water based or oil based coolant collection that cause other air cleaners to fail.
- Ease of installation through direct machine mount, ceiling mount, wall mount, or floor mount via a pedestal stand.
- Comprehensive solutions for a wide range of machining operations designed for single to multiple machine tool applications using electronic precipitation and for applications requiring it – media and odor control based systems.
- Compact, energy efficient design drawing as little as 1.08 amp under full load, and as small in size as a household microwave.
Air Quality Engineering stands behind the quality of the MistBuster® with a limited 36 month warranty.
MistBuster® 850 – Next Generation
|AIRFLOW||Variable to 850 cfm|
|CABINET||16 gauge steel cabinet with powder coated chemical resistant baked enamel, available in ivory or gray textured finish|
|POWER INPUT||115 Vac, 60 Hz, 1 ph, 4.3 amps|
240 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 2.15 amps
460 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 1.08 amps
(connects to 2 legs of 460 VAC, 3 ph)
|EFFICIENCY||Ultimate efficiency up to 99.4% on all submicron particles as measured by independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 750 CFM|
|FILTRATION STAGES||1st Stage 4″ aluminum mesh impinge|
2nd Stage AQE Advantage™ electronic cell (long life)
3rd Stage MistBuster® electronic cell (high efficiency)
4th Stage Optional MistBuster® electronic cell (high efficiency)
5th Stage Optional HEPA filter 99.97% efficiency, ESF filter, or carbon module
|FEATURES||Two energy-efficient, self-regulating, dual-voltage, solid-state power supplies|
Patented water/oil coolant selector for a wider range of application compatibility
Patented electronic cell design that helps decrease service intervals
ErP-compliant, backward-curved, vibration-free, direct drive motorized impeller rated at 850 CFM @ 1.1″ w.g. provides energy-efficient operation and increased performance to save on operating costs while performing well with increased airflow resistance from post filter or long duct lengths
Ten-foot power cord with molded plug
Quick-release, quarter-turn fasteners for fast, easy side-panel electrical compartment access reduces service and repair time
Door and gasket profile increases door-to-seal contact to prevent leakage and pooling of coolant inside of door
Door-latch spacers prevent over-compression of the gasket and increase gasket life
|DIMENSIONS||Cabinet 27.10″ L x 14.00″ W x 27.47″ H|
|INLET OPENING||16.62″ x 9.08″|
|WEIGHT||99 lbs. installed, 111 lbs. shipping (2 Cells)|
113 lbs. installed, 125 lbs. shipping (3 Cells)
|ACCESSORIES||Machine Mount Stand | Pedestal Stand|
Ceiling Mount Kit | Wall Mount Kit
Plenum | Diffuser | HEPA Post filter
ESF Post filter | Carbon Module
|Specifications subject to change without notice.|
MistBuster 850 Dimensions
* All measurements in inches
Next Generation Technology
While electrostatic mist collectors provide a high-efficiency filtration system for mist and smoke collection, they sometimes require frequent washing of the electronic filter cell. Cell washing is required when collected contaminants cause a short circuit in the cell. Using next-generation technology, individual test sites have seen service intervals increase from monthly washing, to yearly washing of the collector cells. Individual results will vary.
MistBuster®‘s patented next-generation technology aims to minimize the short circuits which require the washing of the electronic filter cells through:
- Floating ionizer contact
- Proprietary ceramic insulator design
- Enhanced cell end plates
- Patented collector fin design
- Internal cabinet “air break”
- Patented variable voltage coolant selector
(Patents #6428611 and #7717984)
Check out additional features of our MistBuster® product line.
Get a Quote