An electrostatic precipitation air cleaning system for the source capture and removal of mist, smoke and metal particles produced by machining applications. The system provides the highest spindle speed and coolant pressure (1,500–2,000 PSI) in the MistBuster product family.
The MistBuster® 2000 five-stage air cleaning system features two of Air Quality Engineering, Inc.’s patented Advantage™ electronic collector cells in stage two, two high-efficiency electronic collector cells in stage three and an optional two high-efficiency electronic collector cells in stage four. The collector cells provide a filtration efficiency up to 99.6% on all submicron particles. Using Air Quality Engineering, Inc.’s patented variable voltage coolant selector, simply switch between water-soluble or oil-based machine tool coolant fluids. Airflow is variable and controllable up to 1,650 CFM.
For more information on our powerful smoke and mist collector, check out the MistBuster® 2000 spec sheet below, learn about additional features of the MistBuster product line or review the MistBuster parts list.
Model MistBuster® 2000 Specifications
HIGH EFFICIENCY MIST & SMOKE COLLECTOR
MistBuster is the best value for a compact, energy efficient, reliable mist collection solution.
- High efficiency air filtration through the use of industrial grade electronic cells designed for low static pressure with ultimate efficiency up to 99.6% on all submicron particles, as measured by an independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 1,000 CFM.
- Reliable operation based on in-depth knowledge of air filtration design, all electrical components are in a sealed compartment, isolated from the air stream and added to our patented AQE Advantage cell to reduce maintenance.
- Versatile design through a patented coolant selector switch, the MistBuster electronic line of air cleaners can handle the electronic requirements of water based or oil based coolant collection that cause other air cleaners to fail.
- Ease of installation through direct machine mount, ceiling mount, wall mount, or floor mount via a pedestal stand.
- Comprehensive solutions for a wide range of machining operations designed for single to multiple machine tool applications using electronic precipitation and for applications requiring it – media and odor control based systems.
- Compact, energy efficient design drawing as little as 1 amp under full load, and as small in size as a household microwave.
Air Quality Engineering stands behind the quality of the MistBuster with a limited 36 month warranty.
MistBuster® 2000 – Next Generation
||Variable to 1650 cfm
||16 gauge steel cabinet with powder coated chemical resistant baked enamel, available in ivory or gray textured finish
||115 Vac, 60 Hz, 1 ph, 8.2 amps
240 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 4.1 amps
||Ultimate efficiency up to 99.6% on all submicron particles as measured by independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 1000 CFM.
||1st Stage 4″ aluminum mesh impinger
2nd Stage Two AQE Advantage™ electronic cells (long life)
3rd Stage Two MistBuster electronic cells (high efficiency)
4th Stage Two optional MistBuster electronic cells (high efficiency)
5th Stage Optional HEPA filter 99.97% efficiency, or ESF filter
||Two energy-efficient, self-regulating, dual-voltage, solid-state power supplies
Patented water/oil coolant selector for a wider range of application compatibility
Patented electronic cell design that helps decrease service intervals
ErP-compliant, backward-curved, vibration-free, direct drive motorized impeller rated at 850 CFM @ 1.1″ w.g. provides energy-efficient operation and increased performance to save on operating costs while performing well with increased airflow resistance from post filter or long duct lengths
Ten-foot power cord with molded plug
Quick-release, quarter-turn fasteners for fast, easy side-panel electrical compartment access reduces service and repair time
Door and gasket profile increases door-to-seal contact to prevent leakage and pooling of coolant inside of door
Door-latch spacers prevent over-compression of the gasket and increase gasket life
||Cabinet 25.98″ L x 26.56″ W x 27.49″ H
||16″ x 20.75″
||203 lbs. installed
230 lbs. shipping
||Machine Mount Stand | Pedestal Stand
Ceiling Mount Kit | Wall Mount Kit | Plenum
Diffuser | HEPA Post filter | ESF Post filter
|Specifications subject to change without notice.
MistBuster 2000 Dimensions
Next Generation Technology
While electrostatic mist collectors provide a high-efficiency filtration system for mist and smoke collection, they sometimes require frequent washing of the electronic filter cell. Cell washing is required when collected contaminants cause a short circuit in the cell. Using next generation technology, individual test sites have seen service intervals increase from monthly washing, to yearly washing of the collector cells. Individual results will vary.
MistBuster’s patented next generation technology aims to minimize the short circuits which require the washing of the electronic filter cells through:
- Floating ionizer contact
- Proprietary ceramic insulator design
- Enhanced cell end plates
- Patented collector fin design
- Internal cabinet “air break”
- Patented variable voltage coolant selector
(Patents #6428611 and #7717984)
Check out additional features of our MistBuster product line.