Air Quality Engineering Inc. is a manufacturer of environmental equipment which is used in a variety of niche market industrial workplace, hospitality, HVAC or kitchen exhaust environmental applications. Our equipment is utilized globally to protect people or the environment they work or live in.
Our mission is to exceed customer expectations by providing clean air solutions that protect people and environments resulting in a stable and healthy business.
We strive to accomplish our mission by living our core values:
- Customer Focus
The mission of Air Quality Engineering: “To serve our customers by designing, manufacturing and marketing the most cost-effective high-quality equipment in the industry. We continue to operate on the basis of providing practical productive equipment and honest answers, and in the belief that delivering on our promises is one of our most effective sales tools.”
The Controller will function both strategically and tactically to maximize return on assets by: establishing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls, metrics and reporting, and providing analysis for decision making. The description below can help you to determine if the vision for this role is indeed aligned with your knowledge, skills, experience and next step in your career plans.
Finance and Accounting
- Managerial responsibility for operations and integrity of all accounting systems including: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll (ADP), commission management, credit, cost accounting and inventory.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manages bank relationships and reporting.
- Works closely with the outside CPA firm during annual “review” of financial statements (including preparation of schedules and account reconciliations) and tax return preparation and tax planning.
- Manages cash management processes for multiple accounts by maximizing returns and limiting risk.
- Manages international wire transfer processes.
- Manages year-end review, including overseeing accuracy of year-end inventory valuation.
- Manages sales tax and workers compensation audits.
- Manages calculations supporting: year-end bonus plans, IC Disc calculations, breakeven sales.
- Maintains a sound control environment that provides for the safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial records.
- Supervises staff members assuring compliance with policies and requirements.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the President and leadership team and make actionable recommendations on both strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Manages the capital request and budgeting processes. Reviews and analyzes capital expenditure requests for: completeness, measurability and validity of costing and value realization. Analyzes capital spending variances to budget and provide explanation for variances.
- Identifies trends and provides the financial perspective for key business decisions, and managing profitability and cash flow.
- Prepares budgets by collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data and recommending plans.
- Completes the annual financial projections and measures results against projection.
- Continually assesses and evaluates opportunities for providing additional data to assist operations, sales and leadership team in decision making processes.
- Ensures that adequate accounting and financial internal controls have been established and are being utilized.
- Ensures management of, and compliance with Federal and State tax withholding and filing obligations including: payroll, business, and multiple state.
- Additional finance and accounting responsibilities as needed.
- Manages financial statement preparation, review, reporting, and reconciliation assuring all statements are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures accurate and timely month-end and year-end close processes and related reporting.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Develops and manages various reports for workers compensation provider, bank relationships and governmental entities.
- Manages OSHA, MN Unemployment Insurance, PCI (credit card) and HIPAA compliance and reporting.
- Assures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management regarding required actions.
- Manages business insurance audits and other inquiries from outside agents.
- Manages international sales, assuring compliance with all regulations.
- Manages accounting department staff through effective: selection, orientation, leadership, planning, mentoring/coaching, training and development, and performance management.
- Ensures operational requirements are fulfilled by assigning and scheduling staff and assuring completion of required actions.
- Provides training, coaching, inspiration, and support for the activities of staff.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics that effectively measure individual and departmental goal attainment which support company’s strategic objectives.
- Manages human resource functions including: payroll, benefit plan administration, workers compensation administration, and unemployment administration and reporting.
- Manages GSS (Global Shop Solutions) ERP system administration, integration, optimization and security.
- Interfaces with GSS consultants when necessary.
- Ensures system upgrades are accomplished accurately by all departments.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining and assuring accuracy of manufacturing subsystems including monthly and quarterly system maintenance.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- At least seven years accounting experience including: general ledger, budget management, financial reporting, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related area.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Solid leadership skills, evidenced by successfully building, motivating and managing teams, and by effectively working as a partner with a leadership team in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience preparing budgets and cost benefit analyses.
- Motivated to get involved in the tactical/operational side of the business.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for processing payroll.
- Professional presentation and conduct.
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time, on budget, and on target.
- Enthusiasm for process optimization and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Self-directed with strong leadership skills, initiative and flexibility.
- Excellent attention to details, organization and time management skills.
- Self-directed individual with leadership skills, initiative, “can-do” attitude and flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Able to manage company and financial information with discretion and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Solid interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Highly collaborative team leader/player.
- Works well under deadlines with a high-energy team.
- Experience managing human resource and/or information technology functions.
- Experience with: Total Quality Management, LEAN, Six Sigma, or ISO 9000.
- Experience within privately held organization.
- Experience integrating and optimizing software systems (ERP).
Position is officed at corporate offices in Brooklyn Park, MN.
To Apply: please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.