Air Quality Articles
Information on Air Quality, Health, and Air Cleaners
- Welding Safety - Publication from Dr. Mike Harris, Certified Industrial Hygienist, regarding protection of employees from dangerous effects of overexposure
- Indoor Air Facts - The EPA's report on Indoor Air Cleaners - what air cleaning is and isn't - and why you should use an Air Cleaner.
- Canadian Center for Occupational Health & Safety - Information, News, and FAQs on healthy working environments.
- Residential Home Air Cleaners Help with Indoor Allergens - Publication from Jacques Bouchard at Basement Systems
- Guidance for Protecting Building Environments - From Airborne Chemical, Biological, or Radiological Attack; Discusses Air Filtration and Air Cleaning Issues.
- The Inside Story - An EPA Guide to Indoor Air Quality
- The Air Quality Archive - The UK National Air Quality Information Archive
- American Lung Association - Air Quality - General Information Index
- National Center for Infectious Diseases - Division of Bacterial and Mycotic diseases, Weekly Spotlight and Recently Published Articles
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards - The National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety's Guide is a source of general industrial hygiene information on several hundred chemicals/classes for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals.
- Filtration and Air-Cleaning Systems to Protect Building Environments - Provides preventive measures that building owners and managers can implement to protect building air environments from a terrorist release of chemical, biological, or radiological contaminants. Document is available in both html and pdf formats.
- NIOSH - The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health - Providing national and world leadership to prevent work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Indoor Air Pollution: An Introduction for Health Professionals The EPA's overview about the challenges faced by the health professional in regards to indoor air pollution.
- Building Air Quality: A Guide for Building Owners and Facility Managers - Developed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Provides suggestions on identifying, preventing, and resolving indoor air quality problems in commercial and public buildings.
Autobody Work and Health
Have you written an article you would like to see linked here?
Write to Us! and the article will be reviewed and once approved, a link will be posted on the Air Quality Engineering website.